Digital Door Locks And Their Advantages
Posted on 24th, May 17
Are you always worried about your keys? Do you lose your keys often? Digital door locks are the made just for you! Also known as electronic door locks, digital door locks allow easy access to your home without requiring the standard key. Instead, you use either:
- A PIN entered into the keypad. It requires a 4 to 8 digit PIN to unlock the door
- Electronic key/RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) card
- Proximity card
- Remote control for the locking functions on your door
- Fingerprint identification, usually used in combination with a password
Why choose digital door locks over traditional locks?
Digital door locks can both be used in a home or commercial setting. They only require AA batteries to work so there is no need to hire an electrician. Wondering what are its other advantages?
- You don’t have to carry around a whole bundle of different keys. You’ll be less likely to lose them or forget about them.
- Only people with access to the PIN code, card or key will be able to enter your home. Therefore, you can control who has accessibility. For office spaces, this means owner can control who can enter certain parts of the building.
- Automatic locking as soon as the door closes after you. This is especially helpful for people who are prone to forgetting to lock the deadbolt behind them. It will also automatically unlock if it is handled from inside.
- In case of a power outage, there is a battery backup. Therefore, you would not have any worries in entering and exiting. When the lock is battery powered, it will give off a warning when the battery is low. This will ensure you can change the battery at plenty of time before it turns off.
- If the battery backup does not sound good enough to you, you can always have a mechanical key override. Which means there is zero risk of you being unable to open your door.
- For some digital door locks, they can be programmed in a way to alert you when someone not authorised to enter is trying to get in. This can also be done to warn you when there is damage inflicted to the lock itself.
- Digital door locks are a better effective burglary deterrent. If you have a keypad lock on your door, you will be faced with a delay every time someone enters the wrong code. This is a great security feature not present for mechanical locks.
To install a digital door lock, it is better to have a good and reputable locksmith company like AMCO Locksmiths install it for you. They can modify it if need be. Not to mention, having your lock installed professionally gives you peace of mind knowing the lock has been installed properly to ensure maximum security. Call 08 9444 2089
Share This Blog